Wednesday, September 15, 2010

oh, fashion week!

yeah, fashion week! let's not forget about her. i mean...talk about overload of clothing. i can't even keep it all on track. basically it was a 1970's throwback..in a nutshell. Not hating on that idea. At all. Can we talk about the pictures/video from Alexander Wang's after party? Google it. I'm jealous.

Favorites that come to mind are Chris Benz, Carolina Herrera, Marc Jacobs, Jason Wu, Prabal Gurung, DVF, and my absolute favorite has to be Rodarte. Holy shit. Mind blowing. It's probably the most beautiful & perfect mess I've ever seen. I've always loved them but this collection made me love them even more. Such a hodgepodge of different elements thrown together to create this chaotic beauty.


Oh, and I was looking forward to Karen Walker's presentation but it bored me. All of it looked like something I'd lay around in ,with a messy bun on top of my head watching "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" (screaming at the T.V out loud at how scripted it is, obviously) drinking iced tea in a huge "recycled" styrofoam cup that I've saved for days (it's called "i hate doing dishes" chic), on the couch with my Hello Kitty fleece blanket wrapped around me. Oh, was that a run on sentence? Sorry.... No, I'm not sorry.