Sunday, October 25, 2009

hold out ya haaand daaarling..

Monsters of Folk was one of those bands I always heard about/read about but was reluctant before I knew anything because the name of the band reminds me of something that has the potential to be HeAVy RoCk with tons of black tee shirts and cracked beer bottles. (I felt the same way about Eagles of Death Metal) but I was VERY wrong. It's actually the most perfect collaboration between Conor Oberst (of Bright Eyes), M.Ward, Jim James (of My Morning Jacket), and Mike Mogis (of Bright Eyes). It's one of those albums I can play from start to finish, daily, and never get tired of it. In fact, I still look forward to scrolling through my ipod finding them to play whether i'm out running errands or working on schoolwork.

Here is an interview with them that made me love them even more. Jim James, hi? What's up.  Sorry, Caleb Followill/Jason Segel/Seth Rogen/::insert another mediocre awkward man's name:::, you're all great but I think I have a new person to late-night youtube search at night..