Sunday, May 9, 2010

mama day



happy mother's day! unfortunately, this is the first mother's day that i am not able to be with my mom but of course i wished her a great day and told her I loved her (like i do every day!). She is spending it with my family and i'm sure it will be fun and a nice day. This is one of the drawbacks being far from home but it is okay, I got to see her last weekend. Sigh. I do wish that my loved ones all lived in Savannah or at least nearby but I know this is part of the whole 'growing up' deal.

I could go on and on about my Mom but as I get older, the number one thing that comes to mind when I think about her is that she will do anything for her children/grandchildren. She is such a great supporter, is always there, and is a tremendous role model. I can't even begin to express how thankful I am that she is not only my Mom, but my friend too.

ps: the photos above are two of my favorite pics of my Mom. I'm not sure exactly how old she is in them but I'm thinkin' somewhere around my age, in the 70's when she was a young mommy taking care of my brother.

Don't mind me looking like a crazy person. I think I got a total of 7 hours of sleep this whole weekend. It was so fun.

love you mom, i know you read this :D