Saturday, March 27, 2010

MuSiC




the past two nights have been extremely amazing music wise. on thursday, Wilco came to Savannah and last night I traveled to Atlanta with a friend to see Joanna Newsom. Two nights in a row, two of my favorite musical acts? So great.

For both of the shows, I obviously enjoyed their music & the overall experience but I just kept looking at them, standing in front of me, staring at them trying to make sense of it all. It's like these people are just doin' their thing, putting out music and performing but each show represented more. I looked at Wilco and Joanna thinking about how much their music means to me and my life and how they don't even know who I am, will never know who I am, but they have touched my life. it was magical to see them in the flesh when they have just been sounds playing as a soundtrack to my life (and so many others) for the past 5 or so years.

Wilco was amazing and played a three hour set. Played almost all of my favorite songs and were so incredible live. Hearing "Impossible Germany" live was just as perfect as I thought it would be. They are in their late 40's and performed like they were 20 years old.

Fred Armisen (from SNL) opened up for Joanna, as this crazy German new-age drummer guy character that was hilarious. He also played cowbell when Joanna performed (a favorite) "Good Intentions Paving Company". Also- she is truly that beautiful in real life. It was almost unreal! Her show was probably the most beautiful concert I've ever seen in my life.