Friday, February 26, 2010

Miuccia Prada

This post is going to be entirely dedicated to the genius of Miuccia Prada. Here are both the Prada Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear & Miu Miu's Pre-Fall 2010 collection (from back in January)

Miu Miu-





I love the use of chunky knits, fur, knee socks & school girl coats. The model terrifies me but aside from that, everything is put together so well and looks like a stepped up version of what I see girls wearing a lot. This collection presents an extremely wearable and relatable concept, but since it's Miu Miu it is of course close to perfect & not exactly what you could pick up at Macy's. However, it would be easy to imitate with a smaller budget and that is great!

Prada-







I'm in LOVE with this collection. It not only aesthetically pleasing, it just looks completely comfortable. I love the thick knit tights mixed with the different textures of the garments. The geometric prints? I CAN'T. It's a dream! I love the mix of classic silhouette & the somewhat contemporary prints. Not to mention the mix of all of the different fabrics, with a bit of ruffles thrown in, and then for contrast that beautiful beaded black coat appears. I could look at this forever! But looking will get old, i just want to FEEL these outfits.