Monday, January 11, 2010

first girl crush







My first 'style icon' would have to be Charlotte Casiraghi of Monaco. She is the granddaughter of Grace Kelly & Prince Ranier of Monaco. Her mother is the glamourous Princess Caroline and her father was Stefano Casiraghi, an Italian speedboat driver who died when Charlotte was a baby.

I always have had a fascination with Grace Kelly & her life, especially her later life as a Royal in Monaco. My Mom always loved them so I think she passed it on to me (along with all things Kennedy) So when I was going through my awkward ages, I'd see pictures of Charlotte who is about 2 years older than me, looking very NOT awkward and beautiful. I remember being fascinated with looking at how she put outfits together and how classic she always looked even during her teen years. She still has got it, and I must have been onto something because during the past couple of years she has been in many fashion magazines, is one of Karl Lagerfeld's muses and is now a girl crush of many others.


It's also nice to see another girl representin' with her thick eyebrows. We're a dying breed. Umm..our similarities end at that trait. That we both probably need to obsessively maintain our brows so they don't take over our face. Something tells me she doesnt get hers done at an Asian nail place for $6 though. Hmm.