Wednesday, October 14, 2009

oo la la



this week has been rainy and miserable out so I have not headed downtown since this past weekend but I can't wait til it's nice out so I can go buy curtain pull-backs & maybe stop at Papillote. What's that you ask, Few and perhaps Non Existent Blog Readers? Papillote is a little gem that I've fallen in love with, located in the heart of Savannah's downtown.

As I've discovered many times just walking around this city, there is a tremendous French influence. Tiny Parisian inspired boutiques, salons, decor, etc. Many things in this city remind me of Europe, especially France. So when I was walking down Broughton street one day with my roommate, I spotted a beautiful French looking storefront which turned out to be Papillote, a gourmet French cafe & bakery. As soon as you step foot in the door, an overwhelmingly delicious aroma hits your senses and you're torn figuring out if it's something savory or sweet. (WHAT A SENTENCE, HUH?) 

The interior is decorated perfectly as if you're actually in an actual Parisian cafe with an effortlessly chic and simple feel with tiny details that make you want to "awwww". I have yet to try any of the soups or sandwiches they make fresh for you to eat there or take away but i have tried a couple of sweet things. 

First off....if you're a fan of blogs, specifically fashion or design blogs, you know all about how macarons have become the latest 'fashion food'. They are beautiful! I've never tried one until I moved here and had one at Papilotte. There are two featured flavors of macarons daily, and the ones I've tried are coffee and lavender peach. KILL ME. They tasted like perfection. Their brioche bread & gold dusted brownies are amazing also.

Now, I don't want to be a trader to my place of work, but I don't think I am. That's the beauty of having a variety of different places in a city you live in because though both might offer sweet & savory items in an adorable atmosphere, they are both very different and admirable for their own reasons. 

Paula Deen, who? I'm going to be Savannah's greatest Public Relations icon and reel in all the tourists with one delicate click of my blog update button. 

Now excuse me while I go finish a completely safe, boring and amateur still life drawing. Friday night cannot come soon enough. If this weekend is anything like the past two, i'll be a lucky girl. It's been fun