Thursday, August 13, 2009

rachel roy fall 2009



Rachel Roy's designs are always completely beautiful, feminine with a bit of an edge and structure. Rachel, herself, is always dressed impeccably. Married to former business partner of Jay-Z, hip hop mogul Damon Dash, she's both a wife/mother and innovative, creative businesswoman.

I love how she uses trendy ideas like the cut-out dresses, the hard edged 80's silhouettes, and corset tops with menswear inspired trousers but still remains so classic. Women could wear her designs today, ten years ago, 50 years ago and 50 years from now. So timeless, with just a bit of a rough side peeking through.

In other news, tonight is my last drawing class & the official end to my summer classes in general. I'm a nervous wreck worrying about presenting my huge final drawing which I'm not so happy with. All I know is that this was my first drawing class ever and I learned a lot, tried my best and hope that it shows. I don't know why I expect to perfect everything after only a 5 week class. :(