Wednesday, May 13, 2009


one of my favorite magazines, Domino, folded a couple of months ago. Luckily, my library at home is so good (for CDs, DVDs, magazines..oh yeah and books), I picked up a bunch of Domino issues to have one last look at them. I came across the November 2008 issue with J.Crew creative director Jenna Lyons on the cover. I really love reading about her because not only is her job so cool, she really transformed things for J.Crew. Her use of colors and still the same 'classic' J.Crew look but mixed with a bit of quirk really is inspiring. She's always complaining about being too tall and awkward which I like because most of the time, these head honcho fashion bitches never admit they have a flaw.


I've gotten back into the swing of things with Eighty8, and i'm currently in my little 'studio' working on some things. i've made a couple new necklaces and i've started sketching ideas for my vintage dresses that i've collected. So keep checking in the shop! i'll be updating soon. AND i'm ordering business cards & a notepad with my new logo that my brother designed, so i'm really excited.


Oh, and summer has only been one week long so far and i already love it. the fog has been lifted and life feels so good. I'm so happy? Glad that phase is over (and by phase I mean the last 8 months)

The photos above are from Jenna Lyons' May picks. Get a better view of them here. I especially love the mustard color in the jacket, the floral flats & the beautiful pink bag. Maybe i'll go to J.Crew once I hit the jackp0t, cause let's admit..it's still pretty expensive.