Tuesday, April 28, 2009

thoughts of random

currently, i am reporting from my balcony (for the entire 6th floor. not off my room or anything VIP, don't worry), staring at all the city lights, buildings, people walking and of course the golden arches of McDonalds. The weather is perfect, and the scent of the crappy chinese food from down the street is filling the air. As I'm listening to music and typing this, i'm going over in my head all the positive things about college. Number one on my list is the freedom. I can literally do anything, go anywhere, at whenever time and no one has to care and know. Do I always take advantage of this pleasure? No. But it's nice to know it's there.

There are thousands of thoughts that are pouring all over my brain these days that I don't even know what to do. When you're heading towards the end of something, it's only natural to give yourself a report card about how you've done and what you've seen and learned. I have learned so much about people/things/myself and mistakes and what not to do and what to do when I go to georgia, and to even keep in mind forever in life. Even this past weekend was a real eye-opening lesson of who will help you when you need them, as annoying as it may be, and who won't. I hope my friends know that I'll help them as much as I can, and if i can't, i'll totally make it up to them or atleast try.

But now, as I sit on this peaceful balcony in this wonderful weather, watching two shirtless men in a white pick up truck start a small fire in the hotel parking lot (yes? thats happening? should I be doing something about that? call 911? whatever) , i feel okay. I'll miss this spot.