Friday, September 19, 2008

old timez



In my 'writing in the golden age of hollywood' class this week, we watched the movie Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, starring Marilyn Monroe and that other chick (who i wound up loving the best.) Usually I don't watch old movies, but i was surprised at how much I loved this one and I want to start watching more. Anyway, i loved their style and their attitudes. Although the movie (and book) is primarily about using men for their money, i found it eye opening.

In another film class, we're watching the movie Adam's Rib with Katharine Hepburn (another style icon) and Spencer Tracy and it's also a girl-power movie, especially for 1949. I love it so far. I totally think i'm more of a hepburn gal than a monroe.

Also, when i searched "gentlemen prefer blondes", this came up, which naturally put a creepy smile across my face. cats are so hot right now