Monday, October 31, 2011

halloween & 22

My last Halloween weekend as a college student was pretty great. Lots of time spent outside, enjoying the beautiful & crisp weather, a lot of sleeping in, wandering the cobble stone streets, a successful thrifting trip, homecooked meals, boozey night out with friends dressed as Wednesday Addams and getting the chance to listen to Alec Baldwin speak in Savannah's most beautiful theater. Not to mention i've dusted off my collection of boots, tights and jackets. Fall weather, I love you.

Now, this is my last week as a 22 year old and I've got a lot of work to do but it's alright. Because life is short and i've got a plane to catch on Friday to go to Chicago til Monday. Yes, finals week is approaching but this weekend it will have to wait. Work will get done and life moves on. That's where I'm at right now. Feeling calm.

For some reason, I always remember thinking "22 sounds like the coolest age ever" when I was younger and ya know what? My younger self must have been Miss Cleo because I was right. 22 was kind of the coolest age, but hopefully not ever. I want a lot more cool ones.