Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Terrain



On Monday, my Mom and I took a trip to Terrain in Glenn Mills, PA. For those of you who don't know, Terrain is a branch of Anthropologie/Urban Outfitters/BHLDN/Free People and it's dedicated to gardening, landscaping and home & kitchen items. Just outside of Philadelphia, Terrain was an absolutely beautiful experience.


It was a dreamy wonderland that was totally worth the 2 hour drive and not to mention their greenhouse cafe was outstanding. I ordered the most delicious mac & cheese served in a tiny heated cast iron pan and a Moroccan mint iced tea (served in a mason jar, duh.) and obsessed over the fresh bread baked in a terra-cotta pot with house made lavender butter (omg). My Mom got a beautifully prepared chicken tartine with mixed greens & we split fingerling potatoes. Grabbing an iced coconut coffee for the ride home was a good choice but was gone almost before I sat down in the car.
Everywhere I looked served as tremendous home & garden eye candy. Hello, stylists there? Can I have your brain? I just love the way every little section of the entire place was extremely detailed and interesting. Let's all agree that it's very hard for such a large brand to be so personal and URBN absolutely accomplishes this.
I was excited to see that there was candy on display from small businesses like Mast Brothers and Whimsy & Spice. I should have bought some of their items but I was too stuffed from lunch to even think about buying candy. The entire kitchen area was gorgeous and rustic (as expected).

Every item is perfectly placed and styled in the most lovely way. From every flower all the way down to the locally purchased body lotions, candles and delicate handmade jewelry.
Please just go. It's wonderful.