Tuesday, November 9, 2010

i was tamed by rock and roll, i got my name by rock and roll






have you heard the news? i'm a Wilco fan. Oh, right, you know that shit already. It's been awhile since I've done a Jeff Tweedy fan girl post so here it is.

Everyone listen to the song "Sunken Treasure" by Wilco. I'd post a video but there are none available on youtube except the live versions. Like any good music fan, I have certain moods to go with my favorite band's specific albums. Calm, reflective, maybe even sulking/dramatic moods, or when I pretend to be angst -y somewhere where no one knows me (like waiting to get on a plane at an airport! yeah!), i listen to the album Being There. Specifically this song "Sunken Treasure", because it's calming and dark but beautiful. The last couple words of the song & the way Jeff sings it gives me goosebumps. I've heard people say that Wilco is boring and Jeff Tweedy is boring, blah blah blah. Everyone can go float away on an opinion spaceship to mars and leave me HERE on Wilco earth.