Tuesday, May 18, 2010




it's honestly so hard to concentrate on much except everything that has happened from saturday-til now. i've gotta admit, it's been a little hectic with announcing that i'm leaving although letting a landlord know you're moving out by june 1st, and will still pay til august when my lease technically ends shouldn't be so unheard of. the way certain things were handled was pretty disappointing but not surprising. this place has never been totally comfortable or "homey'. It's a beautiful place and I tried to make it feel good but it just was ultimately not a good fit for me. no horror story, nothing too dramatic, just bottom line: it was time to go. it was exciting because it was a new experience but there have been negative things since day one. many positive things, of course but after awhile, it's better to move on.

for the sake of everyone else in the house, i hope the new roommate (whoever she will be) works out well, mainly for my pal jordan. she needs someone cool to take my place, although she's always welcome at my new apartment anytime she wants.

i need to just focus on the fact that a major dream has come true, and i'm so happy i didn't pass this up. there is no easy way moving out. whether i announced this two months ago, or now. it's better that I leave now than later (because that would have happened. i'm sure of it.)

That's all I have to say about that :) Moving forward. I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am. I drive past the new place probably 4 or 5 times a day. I will make my 'route' longer to wherever I am going just so I can drive past and stare. I've been making lists of everything I need to do, pack, buy, move, etc. Seems like I won't need to buy anything that new except a couple pieces of furniture and basic stuff. I will be able to decorate with all my things that I bought for my current apartment which is great and saves money.

I'll also be able to use the vintage plates that my mom & i have collected! my dream of having a little tiny old French looking apartment has come true and i feel so lucky. That's enough talkin' about it though. I just had to let it all out.