Wednesday, May 26, 2010

finals week

finals week is a hectic one. it's kind of like child birth (okay maybe not at all like child birth) where it is just a big chaotic mess of emotions but once it's over, the feeling is like no other. too much? was this too whiney college kid? whatever. it's a positive thing! because once noon hits tomorrow, i'll be feelin' giddy, weird, happy and relieved. and hopefully proud.

this is the third quarter for me at SCAD and i know i've said it 900 times, but my god has this been a life changing year. for millions of reasons, but largely school wise. i've never considered myself a great student, i never put in that much effort, always a C+ kind of girl. now? i will feel tears fill up my eyeballs if i receive less than a B+ on anything. I strive for A's because now I know it's possible. Maybe it just took finding the right place for me. I never felt like I was in the right place, therefor i never tried. What was the point? Now, is a different story. I want to be here & I want to do the best that I can possibly do because it is giving me so much. With each quarter, I learn more and more and more. This spring quarter alone filled my brain with so much information that has already made an impact on my life. It was hard and will get even harder, but it's so worth it.

It's May? The school year is technically over? I did it? Well, almost did it. Marketing presentation tonight went well, tomorrow I have to hand in a designer file book I made on 5 up & coming designers (more on that later), a series of 10 flats (technical drawings of garments), and a final art history exam. Then I can say "i did it".

But seriously. Last spring... I don't even know what I was taking. I think I remember 2 classes that I took at King's College. I can't believe I did that. But this...I can believe I'm doing. Finally.