Monday, March 1, 2010

"i gave you my ugly brown coat, you made it pretty when you put it on"






I really just can't get enough of the Avett Brothers. Just listen to them and you'll understand why. The overall sound is so good but the lyrics are what kill me. Some of their songs contain the most romantic and sweet words.


"True love is not the kind of thing you should turn down
Don't ever turn it down
I hope that I don't sound too insane when I say
There is darkness all around us
I don't feel weak but I do need sometimes for her to protect me
And reconnect me to the beauty that I'm missin'"

Excuse me, Avett Brothers, who are you? Are you really thinking these nice things? I really think they are. Who are these women that they are writing these lyrics about? It's sort of refreshing, I guess.