Saturday, January 23, 2010

lists.




alright. here it is. i over think everything. always have, always will. since I was a little girl, it's always been my thing. i'm just a worrier, always thinking of what I did wrong/what I said that could possibly be embarrassing, basically always concerned with other people. You know what? Fuck that. From this day forward, my pledge is to continue being there for myself, my family and friends and to start doing things for the sole purpose of making my life better. I'm a fan of lists, so here is my list for what I just want to accomplish for ME the next couple of months. Bored, yet? I know. Who the fuck cares, right? Maybe do it for you too. It's kind of therapeutic.

  • stop being so paranoid
  • meet one new person every day
  • read my favorite blogs/magazines/books in my favorite coffee shop, by myself, listening to music, two times a week. preferably outside.
  • become more compassionate towards animals. pet a dog every day? that might be pushing it.
  • ask more questions
  • paint more often
  • stop getting my hopes up (for the wrong things)
  • eat less meat
  • volunteer with babies again, or at a soup kitchen.
  • travel somewhere that scares me (india, asia, HOLLYWOOD)
  • cherish my time with girl friends
  • make sure i am being as helpful as i can be with those around me
  • never be rude, especially to those i really want to be rude to.
  • stop having road rage
  • start my own herb garden
  • use the word "fuck" a little less
  • get a new bike and start riding again
  • try my hardest with school
  • buy fresh flowers once a week
  • make a list of things i want to do as an ~*independent woman~* before i 'settle down'
  • focus less on 'things'
  • spend a week in ireland this march with my best friend
  • learn to go with the flow (or as my best friend says, "ride that train")
  • read more biographies because I enjoy them.
  • tell my parents that I love them every day
  • learn to sew dresses so i can turn my scribbles and sketches into something real
  • try to listen to a new band every day
  • express my creativity and not give a shit if it's not as a good as the kid next to me
  • stop being so insecure (in some ways.)
  • take into consideration what people think but not let it determine everything.
  • compliment someone every day, and honestly mean it.
  • buy all my clothes second hand
  • find out more about my grandparents' lives, especially on my father's side
  • drink once a week and that's it.
  • read the newspaper more often
  • be patient
  • get back into photography/take my good camera out more often
  • forget that guys exist until a cool one comes along and accept that this might take a very long time
  • enjoy being 21 and all that comes with it, stop trying to rush it & enjoy how fucked up it is sometimes because for the most part it is great.

okay i'm done, sorry. no go make yours!