Friday, August 21, 2009


Sometimes the entire idea of Scarlett Johansson makes me so mad. On the surface, I want to enjoy her. She has an interesting look, a 'strong attitude', nice style..the ultimate celebrity, glamorous, curvy package wrapped up in a fucking bow, ya know? Then the movies hit the screen. Oh, the movies. Let's face it, girl cannot act. She just relies on her pout and her boobs to do all of the talking. It's almost painful how bad she is at acting. Of course I enjoyed Lost in Translation and thought she did alright in it but she was supposed to be sad, naive and lost. How hard is that?

Then there was that whole Tom Waits' cover disaster which made me cringe. I'm not a Tom Waits fan either. So, when I read that she paired up with Pete Yorn, I felt weird. I love Pete Yorn. I gave it a listen, and I really really really love it. Her voice is good? I found the song on a blog that had millions of negative comments about how her voice is awful but I disagree. This song is great. Listen:



Relator - Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson