Thursday, July 9, 2009

one of my favorite bands for background music while i'm working is Coconut Records' new album Davy. It's so great, upbeat but not too in your face. I love every single song, and i'm a huge fan of the previous album Nighttiming.

If you didn't know already, Coconut Records is really just actor Jason Schwartzman. He recorded Nighttiming within a very short period of time and asked his famous friends to contribute. So if you listen closely you can hear the voices of Kirsten Dunst and Zooey Deschanel in the background one most of the songs. All of his tunes are happy and interesting, which is a nice break from a lot of the occasionally dull and simple music that sometimes takes over my life. I would love for him to tour! Maybe one day.

A couple weeks ago, Coconut Records released the music video for the song "Any Fun", which is one of my favorite songs on the record. The video definitley did not disappoint, with cameos from Chloe Sevigny, Jason himself, and pro skateboarder Alex Olsen. I'm a sucker for black & white filming and for Chloe and for this song so let's just say I approve.



ALSO: I spent the afternoon editing photos of new items for the shop. They should be up by this time tomorrow ! I'm so excited to 'debut' these necklaces. I will post on here once they are available on Etsy!